Friday 29 April 2016

Oh For the Love of Leopard Print

Leopard print is one of those weird patterns that invokes very strong reactions. Some people are obsessed with it, others think it is tacky and cheap. It is a pattern that comes in and out of fashion and interior trends every decade without fail. It's been 'in' so much over the last 30 years that it is a permanent feature of our design landscape now. And I don't mind that, because I'm one of those people who love it, always have and always will.

The way it is introduced into the home is super important, it works best as details like chairs, cushions, lampshades etc and can be pretty bohemian...


Or more traditional, not a hint of tackiness here...


Then you can go into the rococo glam direction like Svenska Design Huset


Though no-one is more rococo glam than BVN Design featuring my Leopard print skull design...


 We do lots of leopardy loveliness here at Van Asch from shopper bags, purses and makeup bags to all sorts of cushions and fabric...
I wish I could find an old picture of me wearing leopard print but I was clearly having too much fun to take photos of myself... showing my age a bit here...yes, I am the pre selfie generation and also pre mobile phones...which means none of that depravity was caught on camera! ;-) Phew!

I have added some leopard print to the range of clothes I did with E.MallaS though, and it is more boho leo than pole dancing ho... if you know what I mean...

and we can all agree that there is such a thing as too much leopard, as amply demonstrated by this limo interior...


so lets keep it stylish and classy then!

If you want to see more of my top animal print picks then do follow my Pinterest board





No comments:

Post a Comment