Tuesday 2 February 2016

Interiors Trends for 2016 Formex Tradeshow

It has been a bit quiet round these here bloggy parts... I was at Formex (Scandinavia's biggest interiors and gifts tradeshow) for a week, then as soon as that finished I promptly got the worst case of flu I can ever remember! A week on from that and I am just beginning to feel a bit better, so this is my blog for last Friday being done today now that my mind isn't addled by fever...

I didn't get much of a chance to look around Formex, I never do, but I did check out the lobby display done by the Oddbirds ladies and was very impressed with it. Greys and muted natural tones combined with jewel tones are still huge, circus lighting is still big but I notice the prices are coming down a bit now that there are more companies offering choice...


I really loved the display they did and a lot of the treasures they curated, especially the giant macrame weaving thingy...


Van Asch was in the trend zone done by designer Jan Rundgren in the back & White section (another one of my cushions was behind, on the sofa, but the chair obscures the view in this pic)

It's funny how you notice the things that a relevant to you and filter everything else out, without even noticing you're doing it... well I had my eye open for the things that interest me so I saw a lot of cool huge black dream catchers and feathered things. My colleagues at BVN Design (who make the chairs with my fabrics on) ordered some great silver dinosaur skeletons and octopuses in bell jars, for their webstore, that I quite fancied on my mantle piece at home! I did also see a lot of that pale pink that I keep hearing is the Pantone colour of the year but I feel that colour has been a popular one for the Spring/summer season for many years now... more on that in my next blog.

For now, I'll leave you with a few pics from my stand...
 Here is my clothing collaborator Malin modelling one of our Kimonos






No comments:

Post a Comment