Thursday 18 January 2018

Yellow in Interiors Makes Me Happy!

Yesterday I was involved in a horrible dog fight. My lovely neighbours have a huge dog who hates my dog, well the feeling is mutual... they are mortal enemies. The fact that they live opposite each other has been cause for many an 'exciting' interaction. Now Mr Boycie, my handsome dog is fairly small and relatively easy to control, but no so the Rhodesian Ridgeback hound that lives opposite. Yesterday I was going out to the car, I'd dropped off the shopping and was going to put my dog in the back to drive to the car park and take him for a wee...bad timing. The big dog was on the other side of my car, I didn't see him and by the time I reached the car it was too late, he came around, dragging the owner and launched himself at my dog. The owner wasn't strong enough to pull him away straight away so he bit my dog and as I tried to pull my dog away, my legs got wrapped in the lead and I went over on top of my small dog. I thought I'd killed him. There was some dog fighting going on around my person as I was flailing in a heap on the snowy ground, bound up in dog leads and buffeted by bitey dogs... I couldn't get up. Finally they got the big dog out of there...I was swearing a great deal, like really bad stuff, I was in a lot of pain. Someone got my dog out of there and he wasn't dead, he was very feisty in fact, but I was in too much pain to get up, thought I'd broken my foot. Turns out it was just a sprain, but man did it hurt! The lovely neighbours put snow on, made sure it wasn't broken then bandaged it up. Some other lovely neighbours lent me some crutches...so now I'm hobbling around on crutches for the first time in my life.

So yesterday was a pretty bad day, I was very shaken by the extreme violence of it all and the pain obviously, and also very scared that something would happen to my beloved little naughty dog, who is my constant furry companion... so now I'm just taking it easy... and as an antidote to that badness I'm going to share with you a few of my favourite yellow themed interiors...because you just can't be sad around bright yellow...

I love this wardrobe with the surprising yellow interior, such fun...

pic from Hometalk

or how about this de Gournay wallpaper? Same colour combo again...


















Some vintage decoupage weirdness from Winona Cookie


I'll leave you with these interiors pictures where just a pop of yellow is all that's needed...




No comments:

Post a Comment