Thursday 5 October 2017

T-shirt sale,Tooth Removal & Saving the Planet

I've been a bit low key this week. The week started off with having a tooth removed, a difficult extraction, a solid hour of brain rattling drilling, sawing, picking, levering, wrenching and yanking. Unpleasant, but thank the lord for local anaesthetic!! Anyway, the following day I started having really weird dizziness and disorientation and got a bit worried. After doing some snuffling around on the internet I discovered I had Vertigo. Apparently this sometimes happens after tooth extractions or root canals. So for the rest of this week I have been taking it easy, driving as little as possible and doing a whole heap of sitting on the sofa. Whilst sitting on the sofa I saw this amazing thing on Facebook and I just need to share it with you because it illustrates perfectly why despite all the bullshit and pollution out there, I still have hope for us and the planet....

Product design student Ari Jonsson from Iceland has come up with a way to make completely biodegradable 'plastic' bottles from red algae powder. The bottles keep their shape whilst full but once empty, they begin to decompose.

You can read more about it here

That also got me thinking about all the plastic I use. I already use fabric shopper bags for my shopping and have recently bought biodegradable doggie poo bags, but I think I'm going to go through all the plastic things I use in every day life, find environmentally friendly alternatives and post a list of links on how to get them up here in a couple of weeks time, incase you feel inspired to also become part of the solution...


Back to work now.... I'm going to be doing a big end of season sale on our T-shirts and tunics next week, all week from Monday October 9th through to Sunday 15th There will be 33% off the T-shirts and Tunic if you use code TSHIRT33 when you check out.


 Just click our Sale page and take advantage of these fantastic bargains!

Have a wonderful weekend you lovely peeps!






No comments:

Post a Comment