Thursday 12 October 2017

Jewels, Shopping, Vegan Leather, & Charity

This week has been a very frustrating one on a personal level. I have a problem with my back which has prevented me from running or training for weeks now... plus I've been having technical issues with my internet connectivity since upgrading my OS, you know the kind of thing, normal irritating problems, small, sporadic... but gives a low level background irritation to everything.

So it is very nice when I see positive things and it's not in my nature to dwell on the rubbish that life throws our way, so I wanted to talk about some really great things going on...


Firstly I think everyone should know about a company based in America called Modern Meadow. They are a bio tech firm who have discovered a process to make real organic leather without the use of animals, that is to say, any kind of leather, crocodile, ostrich, cow, whatever, by tweaking some gene soup and putting the resulting gloop through a drying and tanning process without killing a single animal. This is proper futuristic amazing stuff!

They have just opened their exhibition at MoMa and as an animal rights advocate who is partial to a nice leather jacket, this development excites me no end!!




My mate Janice Issitt takes a very nice picture and she recently did a shoot for LuLu's Pearls on Nordic Design Hub. What makes this special is that all sales of this necklace go to Breast Cancer Research. Yep, 100% of the money goes to a very worthy charity. The necklace is called 'Hope is my Anchor' it's gorgeous and every one sold contributes towards fighting the big 'C'


If you are in the shopping mood then I better let you know that this weekend my 33% sale will be finishing, so if you have had a eye on something...it might be in the sale, so check it out. Use discount code TSHIRT33 when you check out to get the discount.





No comments:

Post a Comment