Friday 18 August 2017

Are You Sweating in Style?

No, I'm not talking about fancy gym clothes....well, not just yet...more about that later. What I want to know is can you pimp your sauna? Is it even possible? I mean it gets really hot and moist in there! so most kinds of decorating are right off the menu. It's natural wood and not much else...

I was staying at  a friends country cottage recently and they had a stand alone sauna. A little building with a terrace, changing room and the sauna proper, not uncommon in the countryside of Sweden. They had decorated it so nicely, in the changing room outside the sauna, with old fashioned sauna accessories and what looks like instruments of torture... surely they would've served some quite innocent and useful purpose once but I can't imagine what!

The decorating vibe here would definitely be called 'Man Cave'... think shot glasses, funky bottle openers, booze cabinet and cozy places to sit and enjoy the pre and post sauna glow.

 There were also plenty of guns around, and not all decorative...Hmmmm VERY man cave.

It got me thinking, has anyone else pimped their sauna? Well there are certainly plenty of amazing saunas out there... check out this amazing multi level floating Saunalautta raft boat!












Gorgeous, but still just wood...
There are plenty of lovely decorated changing rooms... This one from an article in elinfossland.no




But aside form some fancy lighting or curvy wooden business..there is not much scope for pimping your sauna. To be honest though, when your nearly fainting from the heat, I don't think anyone is going to care whether their sauna  is jazzy or not.






So What was I talking about fancy gym clothing earlier? Well, it just so happens that I'm launching a brand new range of fabulous athleisure  clothing at Formex trade show next week. I'm going to show you more  next week but for now I'll leave you with this...





No comments:

Post a Comment