You know I'm always hunting for the yummiest cake and cookie recipes... well I came across a beauty yesterday by @displacedhousewife and want to share it with you. I made a few tweaks to her recipe (I didn't have any bread flour so I substituted for coconut flour because I love the flavour) and I think you'll love it...
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
110g butter softened
1/2 cup olive oil
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups ordinary flour
1 cup coconut flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
200g block of dark chocolate roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Line baking tray with baking paper.
2. In an electric mixer, cream the brown sugar, butter, oil and granulated sugar.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix again.
4. Add sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix until incorporated.
5. Gently fold in the roughly chopped dark chocolate pieces.
6. Roll into heaped tablespoon sized balls and place on the baking tray. Allow about 5 cm between balls.
7. Place the tray into the freezer for 10 minutes. This step will really help the cookies keep their shape and not flatten out in the oven and it really is worth the bother, believe me.
8. Put the cookies in nearer the top of the oven and cook for 11 minutes. Don't worry that they will look a bit underdone, they will be slightly crispy on the outside and gooey but cooked through on the inside.
9. Take the cookies out and let them cool down for as long as you can stand to wait before stuffing them in your face ;-)