Friday 1 September 2017

Formex & the Autumn Trends for 2017

I've just finished doing Formex, Scandinavias biggest interiors and gifts trade show, in Stockholm last weekend. I've been doing it for years now and one of my favourite things about it, apart from seeing my lovely stockists, is seeing the trends emerging.

There was the usual abundance of grey and muted soft pink that has been constant for years but also lots of jewel tone greens and blues. From Marine shades through to deep indigos and light apple green...





There is still massive amounts of parrots and botanical themes everywhere... including on my neighbours stand. Petra Bush is a designer who loves colour and we can respect that!
I love all those kinds of marine colours and used lots in my own new collection...I'll be putting them up on the website as they come into stock.

But the other really strong trend is for  sort of terracotta, salmon, murky earthy colours. These colours don't really have familiar names like pink or blue... this is a world of spicy earthy euphemism...
This pic is from Home and Delicious blog which is full of interiors eye candy...
But Pinterest is full of this colour right now, from salmon to Masala ...sounds more like cooking recipes than interiors colour themes!

I don't personally relate to this colour palette much but I can totally imagine that a colour like this could end up being the Pantone colour of the year 2018.. Is it a bit like Masala, which was there colour of the year a few years ago? yes, but still.... that's where my money is going. Some kind of pinky earthy tone. Maybe I'll even be able to like it by then.  So what do you think? Do you love these strange spicy earthy colours? Do you think they are a trend on the rise or have we seen the peak? Or do we even care?  

Well, Formex really took it out of me and I've got a cold now, so I'm off home to wrap up warm and take care of myself for the weekend... You have a lovely weekend too...








No comments:

Post a Comment