Thursday 10 March 2016

Chalk Paint & Colour Inspiration

Me and Chalk paint go way back!

My friend, UK blogger and style maven Janice Issitt introduced me to it years ago when I was pimping up my home for a big photo spread in one of Sweden's biggest newspapers. She flew over to help me style it all up and painted a few nick knacks in Antoinette pink...

I just loved the colour and the way the paint goes on virtually anything, with a really nice slightly textural result. So when I began my collaboration with Isabelle from BVN Design, I recommended that she try painting up furniture in Chalk Paint and teaming that up with my designs...

The wall is painted in Antoinette pink too.

Then things really took off and Janice became the Painter in Residence for Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint and did the most wonderfully innovative things with colour, (check her blog for some fabulous paint and colour inspiration)
Here is one of my cushions with a chair and whole dresser painted up for example...

And I got all excited to paint things with it too! I painted all kinds of weird things to use as props in my various photo shoots!


I also sell my wares to lots of Chalk Paint stockists like Monica's Butik in Falkenberg Sweden. You can see lots of fab pictures of the store on her Facebook page 

Van Asch fabric Dreamcatcher on the left wall, Pearls & Lace on the back wall


My fabrics (Shrine pictured above and Pearls & Lace right) and Chalk Paint are natural companions ... part of the reason I like the paint so much is that the colours themselves are so delicious and if I think a colour is delicious, then I'm going to be using those kind of colours in my designs. Hence, lots of possible fabric and paint combinations.


Antoinette pink is still one of my favourite colours years on from when I first started using it and here is Martina from MyHouseInColour on Instagram using it teamed up with my Spring Cottage fabric.

And here, another Chalk Paint stockist called Glada Ungmon in Stockholm has found a fun way to display my fabrics to her customers..



So if you don't have any special plans this weekend and fancy giving a new lease of life to a tired piece of furniture, go get yourself a pot of chalk paint and have some fun with it!

And if pink is your favourite colour, check out my Pink Pinterest boards for some inspiration...

               Follow Van Asch's board Pink & Peach on Pinterest.  

               Follow J▲NICE ISSITT  LIFE  S⬆YLE's board Pink on Pinterest.  



No comments:

Post a Comment