Friday 16 October 2015

the Art of Daniel Merriam

Part of the joys of having a blog is not to bore you with my daily tedium, but to show you exciting things I've found or classics I've loved for years, be they clothes, interiors, music, or in this case art. Specificly the art of Daniel Merriam who I have loved for years. When I do a blog about something I do a bit of research about whatever it is, and naturally, I find out more things about something I all ready know I like, but perhaps don't know much about. Its an excuse for me to learn a little more myself and handily, can share it on to you lovelies. Basically he's a genius, and that's all you need to know ;-)
Ok, Italian American, born 1963 and did I mention he is a genius?

Feast your eyes on this beautiful madness!





This one is actually the first of his paintings I ever saw and just thought it was so special, reminded me of the Smashing Pumpkins album 'Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness' and old theatre stage scenes.



This one reminds me a lot of another artist I also love called Kay Nielsen who I'm always banging on about. Anyway, Daniel is very prolific and there is a ton of amazing stuff of his out there, so just go do a google images search and find your favourites!



No comments:

Post a Comment