Thursday 28 August 2014

Beauty...It's All a Question of Perspective

I was wondering past one of my favourite spots in Stockholm today, on my way to visit a stockist. I thought how funny it is that sometime we can see beauty and possibility in the most unlikely of places...
but this was the location for a photoshoot with photographer Ivan Da Silva earlier this year and just see how atmospheric it can be!...
It's all a question of perspective and attitude...and well, you do have to ignore the stench of wee in there, but aside from that, I just wonder how much beauty we overlook because we are not looking at things with the right attitude and perspective.

I realise that I haven't done a blog for ages and the irony is that I've never had more to tell you about and share with you, it's just that because I'm doing all this stuff, I don't actually have any time to tell you about it! It's quite frustrating!

I'm going to give you a quick catchup blog, the edited highlights, type of thing...
So I did a fab photoshoot with Janice Issitt. We used lots of Annie Sloan Chalk paint on the walls and furniture and used some really strong colour combos like deep red and dark marine colours which always makes me think of mad Victorians, so that's good.

We also travelled down to Norrköping, to a fantastic castle, to do the shoot for my latest catalogue...
Then it was time for some summer holidays part of which was spent in Umeå, and if you didn't know it, it is the cultural capital of Europe this year! I was very impressed with the totally mental sculpture park, funnily enough, in the grounds of an old mental asylum. How fitting! Some of the art pieces were inspired by the asylum, such as the super creepy metal baths, something to do with the hideous treatments provided for the patients...
The tree huggers were also rather creepy... but I like creepy so it all worked for me...
After the summer holidays, I was right back into it because I had a stand at Formex, Scandinavia's biggest interiors and gift trade show. I introduced some new cushion and fabric designs...

But there is lots of new stuff still to come including a range of affordable but fabulous furniture...more on that later.....
Lastly, I've got right sucked into the world of instagram and I post pics up there most days. I'm a more visual person than a wordster so it fits me perfectly. If you just want to look at pretty stuff I post up there then please follow me @vanaschstockholm

Kisses XxxX

No comments:

Post a Comment