Friday 23 May 2014

Castles, Antiques & Auctions

I went for a  very exciting adventure a couple of days ago...well exciting if you love weird old things, and you know I do!
I was going a few hours drive outside Stockholm to visit a castle as a possible location for my next catalogue photoshoot. Now, when most Swedes say 'castle' what they really mean is a nice big old house and I'm usually pretty underwhelmed. Not so when I saw this!
This is a private castle and quite fascinating, the ghost stories are brilliant! Anyway, it had all the attendant things you expect with a large castle including big dogs, smelly and very friendly...
and the obvious Knights Armour and treasure chest


What wasn't quite so expected was a full sized stuffed reindeer pulling a sleigh, in what I hesitate to call the 'livingroom', but I can't show you that, you just have to let your imagination run wild!

This pic is from the Library and I think will be one of the locations we shoot for the catalogue. I loved these old books, the colours and texture, just rich with history...actually they are probably really boring to read, best just to look at them I think!


We also stopped off at a fantastic auction house called Lauritz so Isabelle could pick up some furniture she won at auction...destined to be covered in Van Asch fabrics. It was such a fantastic place, and really good prices, definitely a bargain can be had from that place... I took a few snaps of some of the things that caught my eye...









No comments:

Post a Comment