Monday 8 December 2014

Shopping for Weird Props

My friend Janice is over from the UK at the moment, we are going to Lapland to see the northern lights and go husky sledding tomorrow. But, before all the happens, we have have just been doing some shopping for props for photoshoots.
We went to Stadmission second hand shop which always has a great selection of weirdness...
let me introduce you to the ugliest doll I have ever seen!...

Needless to say, I didn't buy that! But I did buy this doll. You never know when you might need a bit of retro creepiness for your photo-shoot...

I also saw a pair a fab boots, just had to have these. I don't normally buy secondhand shoes but these had hardly been worn and were a perfect fit, just had to!

One of the cute things about Stadsmission is that, as charity shops go, it's pretty swanky, no smell of wee, and if all the shopping gets too much you can have a quick 'fika' (coffee and cake break) in the tea rooms...very civilised.

We saw some great furniture, needed to be recovered ofcourse, but look at that carving!



Janice takes the pics for my catalogues amongst other things, she is also a great interior stylist and has a 9 page spread and front cover on the January 2015 UK magazine Homes & Antiques, which just so happens to feature one of my cushions...

More from me when I get back from up north!

No comments:

Post a Comment