Friday 27 November 2015

Pearls & lace

This has been a mad week! I was waiting for a delivery and when it finally came, there was good news and there was bad news. The good news was that I got to see the new Grey version of the Pearls cushion (which is a kind of muted champagne pink colour). It looked great and so I was happy...
Then I looked at it again and realised it was not square, none of the cushions were square! They were about 5 centimetres too long. Oh horror! I couldn't sleep last might for worrying what to do about them then I  had the brain wave to try washing them and see if the print was distorted to compensate for shrinkage...and guess what??? It was. I can't tell you how relieved I was...but now I have to wash and iron  100's of cushion covers...That was not what I had originally planned for my weekend!
Such are the troubles of a self employed small business owner... On the one hand you have a great deal of freedom, on the other hand you have ironing all weekend.

Another good thing that happened this week is that the Pearls & lace cushion and fabric have been featured in my favourite magazine Gods & Gårdar. I'm not just saying it is my favourite for that reason, it really is. It's all fab stately homes and castles, antiques and eccentricity. Marvellous stuff!


Now I'm going to leave you with the small bit of info that it is Black Friday weekend at Van Asch and if you use the code BLACK30 you get 30% off your whole order! Pretty great right? Now do you see what I did there? I just tacked that bit of info on the end there, like it's no big deal. And do you know why I did that? It's because I hate having all these 'special offers' and crappy advertising, along with the hyperbole that goes with...you know, the stuff like 'once in a lifetime!!.. 'unbeatable!' ...  'crazy deals' ..'you just won't believe it!'... and all that type of thing stuffed down my throat. If I don't like it, I'm not going to do it to you dear reader...
Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment